1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Larry Fitzgerald

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by editorhoo, Jan 11, 2009.

1. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

Is he the best receiver in the NFL? After watching him tonight, especially without Boldin along his side, he gets my vote.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Yes - not even close.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Larry Fitzgerald's been a freak of nature for about eight years. Most of the world's just catching up with it.

5. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

This is true. I think I saw him play more when he was at Pitt than since he's been in the NFL.

6. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

The best receiver in the NFL was in that game tonight, but only got the ball twice, thanks to his ridiculously ineffective quarterback.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Per inch of height, yes.

Fitzgerald has passed Moss.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Mike Trgovac and the Panthers secondary for not doing too much to game plan for Larry Fitzgerald.

Yes, Fitz is that good. And not making up much of a game plan to account for him isn't good for opponents of the Cardinals.

9. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

Fitzgerald is arguably not even the best receiver on his team. Smith is far better. Better hands, better speed, but far worse quarterback. I'd take Calvin Johnson over Fitz as well. Not saying he isn't outstanding, but he's not the best.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm afraid I disagree. Fitzgerald has more raw ability than Boldin and CJohnson, IMHO.

11. micke77

micke77 Member

larry fitzgerald is a stud.
    anyone out there have the DVD they put out on him back in his college days for A-A promos?
    might be worth putting on Ebay if we get laid off.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

You think Fitzgerald, with shitty QBs throwing to him and no one on the other side to draw defenses away, would have put up the numbers Calvin Johnson did this year? Maybe, maybe not. I got Fitzgerald and Johnson 1-2, but I'm not sure it should be in that order. As I said before, I think Johnson's year — in which he tied for the league lead in TDs and put up roughly 1,300 yards on one of the worst teams in NFL history — has been criminally undervalued.

Draft saved Draft deleted