1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LAL: How to follow setting a 47-year-old record? Set a 16-year-old record

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Mar 16, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Back-to-back historic games for the Lakers.

Unfortunately for them, both achievements are of the dubious variety.

One game after setting an LA franchise record for worst-ever home loss, the Lakers followed that performance up with a blowout loss to the Nuggets in Denver.

Kobe Bryant - booed throughout the game by a partisan Denver crowd - led the Lakers with 25 points, but sat out a good portion of the 4th quarter when the game was out-of-reach. Bryant appeared visibly frustrated in several late-game television camera shots as he watched the proceedings.

The record set in this game? It is the first time in Phil Jackson's exemplary 16-year NBA coaching career that a team he oversaw has lost 7 games in a row.

The Lakers now trail the Nuggets by percentage points in the Western Conference playoff standings. The Lakers currently sit in 7th place, 3.5 games ahead of both the Clippers and the Warriors.

It is unclear whether the Lakers are in a position to set any other team records in their next contest (a Friday night game vs Portland). Given their current fortunes, however, one would imagine their fans hope the answer is a merciful 'no.'

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh look. Because the first one worked out so well.

I guess we should be glad Rokski doesn't like the Knicks, Nets, Magic and Pacers too. Otherwise we'd really be fucked.

GET. A. BLOG.

3. LAL: How to follow setting a 47-year-old record? Set a 16-year-old record

how do you set a 47-year-old record? or a 16-year-old record?

you can break one ...

oh, and also, who gives a flying fuck?

4. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Speaking of records, Rok is a broken one.

Move on.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I imagine RokSki sitting in his apartment, flicking the lamp on and off like Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction.

Slashed-up pictures of Kobe strewn across the floor, SportsCenter reporting on the Lakers' latest setback, RokSki's pants around his ankles as he shrieks and coos with joy . . . . .

6. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I soooooo wanted to be the one to start this thread.

Crap.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The Lakers are a what, now?

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

At this point, it appears that the Lakers are drained.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Phil Jackson's personal-seven game losing streak is not a record. It is a personal best. Or worst.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Good point. I should have added the adjective 'personal' before 'record' to clarify it. Thanks, TSP. :)

11. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Rok, when will your sig be updated? I mean, there was another groundbreaking loss last night.

Come on, keep everyone updated on your carnal cravings!

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Oh, and I just found out that the Lakers are, indeed, in a position to tie another record tonight against Portland.

If they lose tonight, they will tie a franchise worst with their 7th straight loss. Not sure if that record is only for the LA franchise or includes the Minnesota team as well.

With Jackson's 7th straight loss, Red Aeurbach is now the only coach in NBA history without a 7 game losing streak on his ledger (minimum 800 games coached). (stat courtesy ESPN)

Draft saved Draft deleted