1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lady Gaga: Really thin is in

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by fishhack2009, Mar 31, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That's just a bad joke, IJAG. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

How awful. It's almost like Ludacris made a song just to make a song. I honestly turn the radio off and sit in silence sometimes if that's the only thing on.

2. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

I don't know about everyone else, but me personally, I'm not very attracted to women who I can count their ribs and play them like the xylophone, a'la Family Guy (
    ). I remember going to college with a couple of girls who were anorexic and it was painful to be in the cafeteria and see them pick away at a salad for 30 minutes, then leave with only a third of it actually eaten.

If Gaga claims to be as media-conscious and sensitive to others (she's a vocal supporter of gay/lesbian equal rights) as she is, I'm sure she could have thought up of a better reply than what she did.

As for her as a performer, I think she's pure crap. Nothing but schtick. Basically a female pop knock-off of Marilyn Manson. Pop music is, IMO, pretty much pure horseshit to begin with. I'd love to see how Gaga would fare in an Otep pit (don't listen to them much, but really into their cover of Nirvana's "Breed"), or throw her to the big boys like Disturbed or Metallica. I'd include Slayer, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for criminally negligent homicide.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

People still listen to the radio?

I moved to my new locale nine months ago and have listened to the radio here once. I always have my iPod in the car with me.

4. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Ever since they made NY's K-Rock into just grunge & classic rock, then pulled the plug entirely, I rarely ever listen to the radio. DHA is OK, but the on-air talent is dull and lifeless. Not only that, but there isn't NEARLY enough metal. I wish I had the money to afford satellite radio and get some O & A.

Radio WAS good because they used to (key phrase there) truly emphasize variety and DJ personality. Turning on 92.3 K-Rock 10 or so years ago to hear rock-heads like Crazy Cabbie was fun. Not anymore.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

And here I thought burning a CD was three levels beyond your brain power.

:)

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's not really random aside from the tastes of a handful of people who decide what music gets played and what doesn't.

One particular saving grace these days are TV show creators, many of whom do enjoy more eclectic music, putting that music in their shows. Most of the shows aren't very good, but are partially redeemed by the music.

Draft saved Draft deleted