1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you: The Worst Movie Trailer of ALL TIME

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Oct 4, 2009.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Holy crap is that awful. Dwayne Johnson still has a chance to have a career as a legitimate actor, but he has got to stop making shit like that or he'll never get work doing anything else. Then again, maybe he's happy taking his $10 million Disney checks and not doing anything too demanding.

2. KVV

KVV Member

This trailer fails the "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus" test.

Hang in there for the ending, because it is epic.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That's freaking amazing.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Vince McMahon thoroughly enjoyed that trailer.
    One day, movies like that will turn Dwayne Johnson back into The Rock.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I just saw the shark eat a plane and spoil its appetite before eating the Golden Gate Bridge.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

But the difference here is, that movie was made FOR the cheese factor. It's like Snakes on a Plane in that regard. If you go to see that, you know it's going to suck balls.

The Tooth Fairy was made as a legit movie for kids. It's going to probably make at least $20 million.

Comparing the two is like comparing apples and cement. They serve different purposes.

And, based on the trailers, which would you rather see? I'd much rather see the Shark vs. Octopus movie than the Rock playing a fucking tooth fairy.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So did I.

Was going to post it the other day and thought, "Nah, just a huge waste of time".

I always love this idea that you can take an absolutely ridiculous premise and say, "It's OK, it's a kid's movie. Kids are stupid"

All I know is that if my kids were still ten years old, they'd mock the shit out of that trailer

8. Petrie

Petrie Guest

God, I hope so.

9. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

I'm sorry ... what the hell was that?

10. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

This wins. All-time worst. Ever.
    http://www.trailerspy.com/trailer/3135/gooby--Trailer

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

But, but, the Houston Film Festival and Dove Foundation just loved it!

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Christ on a crutch. Even if there was anything good about the movie, that costume is so preposterous it's impossible to take seriously.

Draft saved Draft deleted