1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lack of Sportsmanship = Lack of Class & Dignity

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, May 10, 2008.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Serena Williams is a fat assed piece of shit and a terrible sport.

Serena Williams's 17-match winning streak ended with a 2-6, 6-1, 7-6 (7-5) loss to Dinara Safina in the quarterfinals of the German Open in Berlin.

The 17th-ranked Russian pressured Williams's backhand, the same tactic that worked a day earlier in an upset of top-ranked Justine Henin.

"It's not like I played my best and lost; it could be worse," Williams said. "I can sit here and name 50 things I could do better."

Fuck YOU you over rated, over weight FREAK

2. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

What do you really think about her?

Hard to imagine that there are over-indulged, spoiled, pampered athletes out there.

I'm actually more surprised when we learn about the precious few star performers who don't have personalities like this.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I think the name calling adds a wonderful bit of counterpoint...

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't really blame Serena Williams, who can be a gracious, kind person. Well, I do blame her, because she rarely credits her opponents.

But moreso I blame her parents, her handlers and the media, who have shoved down this girl's throat that when <i> every single condition </i> is right, nobody can beat her. These conditions seem to include Williams' overall play and the overall play of her opponent, but Williams has it in her mind that only she can beat herself. Maybe Sharapova could beat her. Maybe her sister. But Williams looks at the game in terms of size and strength, not strategy and skill.

And that's because Williams doesn't play tennis, per se, she plays Synthetaball, where the goal is to hit the shit out of it and blame the size of the court or the height of the net for the proceeding unforced error. She doesn't appreciate the strategy of the game, only its athleticism.

If she had to use a tiny, wooden racket, I imagine Williams either would have flamed out immediately in frustration, or ascended to Graf/Navratilova status. Because she is incredibly athletic, whether she's in shape or not.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Looks like you have a lot of class and dignity

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I don't think Grand Imperial Wizard Abbott would have started this thread about a white athlete. Yeah, I said it.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This cracked me up

8. Editude

Editude Active Member

Threads about losses in the German Open quarterfinals? Millions of readers will be waiting for that agate line.

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Heyabbott's response to the quote is far more lacking in class and dignity than the quote itself. And btw, what Serena said could have come out of the mouth of almost any other athlete in any sport. They all think they lost because they played less than their best, not because the opponent is just better. I don't see how being critical of herself is so unsportsmanlike. If she had said "Well, I just got outplayed today" she would have been bashed for not caring enough.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

You stay classy, yab.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

C'mon, TBF. How can yabb "stay" classy?

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Who wants to bet Serena would thrash this heyabbot douchebag in arm wrestling, or anything else for that matter?

Overweight. Please.

Draft saved Draft deleted