1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Labor pains from hell....Woman gives birth to...HOW HEAVY?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Jul 11, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/big-birth-announcement-couple-welcomes-16-pound-baby-201325980.html

Sixteen pounds. Well I guess since c-section was planned, there were no pains.

Nurses immediately put him in youth soccer (lol).

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Eh. I've dealt with bigger babies.

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Right here, I'm thinking.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

True dat. And I didn't even get a local anesthetic.

Boom did fee me ice chips, though.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If Pete Carroll were still at USC, the kid would have been offered a scholarship already.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Fucking kid slept through the night from day one.

7. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

About a month ago we had 16 pound some odd ounce baby and I live in BFE. Not sure why this one got national pub.

8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

With a kid nicknamed "Moose," let's hope he wasn't born with a full rack of antlers for mom's sake.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This baby was human.

10. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

That story is bullshit.
    Gestational diabetes doesn't lead to higher birth weights. Not being in control of your diabetes does.
    The woman who gave birth probably had high sugars the entire pregnancy and didn't give a fuck.
    That woman needed to keep her sugars somewhere between 50-80 (normal is 80-120) in order to keep the baby's weight down. How do I know?
    Mrs. Rhody and I are expecting in three weeks. She's a type 1 diabetic and we're not having a 16 lb. baby - although measured at 9 lbs. today, we'll probably take her out of the oven shortly. She kept her sugars below 80 and when she was getting flaky at work, her doctor pulled her out and said her new job was to sit around the house and be low all day. It took some time getting used to, but she's done a damn good job - unlike this woman, who put her child's life at risk.

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Everything's bigger in Texas.

Draft saved Draft deleted