1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LaBeouf LeBusted

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He caused a scene in a theater, then threatened cops, spit on them and used a slur.

http://pagesix.com/2014/06/26/shia-labeouf-arrested-for-disorderly-conduct/?_ga=1.251308806.1869152985.1394001257

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

He called them Redskins?

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Man. That one was hit a long way. :)
    As for Mr. LaBeouf, I'm getting REAL tired of his shit. Why can't these types of people just go to Nebraska and never be heard from again?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Never understood what directors saw in him. I don't know if he ever did either.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Some of the least surprising Hollywood news of the era.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Peaked with "Even Stevens," when he seemed like a typical goofy kid.

7. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

LaBeouf always struck me as one of those guys who was widely disliked by everyone except the people's whose opinions mattered the most, Spielberg, Michael Bay, etc...

8. He was hilarious in the show.
    Now... He's Nucking Futs.

Plain and simple.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

He's falling into the long tradition of messed-up child actors.

10. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

I don't think that's his issue. He had an insane level of success as a young adult and all he had to do to sustain that success was to not do something incredibly stupid, things like biting the hands of the directors/producers who were putting him in huge franchise movies.

11. Have read about his parents?
    He had an, um, unconventional childhood. Not Lindsay Lohan stuff, but weird. A little more than eccentric hippy shit.
    I don't think mental illness is out of the question.

12. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

Yeah, it sounds like he's led a strange life, and I would not be surprised if he's mentally ill. But like you said, this isn't a Lindsay Lohan deal. He's made a truckload of money.

I would not be surprised at all if he's not around in 3-5 years.

Draft saved Draft deleted