1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LA conflict: Surfers vs. Paparazzi

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jun 23, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_9671931

If the paps were covering actual newsworthy events that would be one thing. But they're not. They're stalking McConaughey at the beach surfing just because it's McConaughey at the beach surfing.

(Looks like the video was subtitled by the paps.)

"They don't want you here and nobody that lives here wants you here."

Love it. Bastards have had a shot of karma coming for a long time.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Was that the same shit that was on TMZ?

I'm sorry, but those surfer douche stoner asses aren't any better than the paps. "GET A REAL JOB!" one shouts. A pap returns fire with "WHAT DO YOU DO?"

His answer? "I drink beer and smoke pot!"

Yeah, you're a real fuckin winner, dude. I'll be rooting for high tide, jerkoff.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Thank you.

How dare people be on a public beach! The nerve!!!! They should get their asses kicked.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

My brother in law is a big surfer in that area, and he said the spot where this went down is a real prime surfing spot pretty much known only to locals. He said it was probably about protecting the turf from being overrun more than anything.

Also, I think drinking beer and smoking pot is a hell of a lot more honorable existence than being one of those paparazzi loosers.

Draft saved Draft deleted