1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

L.A. mayor dissed by Kobe

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mpcincal, Jul 3, 2009.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Caught this on Sports by Brooks, which contains a link to the original story.

Apparently, the start of the Lakers' victory parade was held up because Kobe Bryant wouldn't get on the bus with L.A. mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and at one point called him an "asshole."

For those who don't remember, Villaraigosa is the guy who was caught having the affair with the Mexican TV reporter and later separated from his wife. Now of course he's dating another TV reporter now. That, and a few other things, have left him open to a lot of criticism.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/kobe-on-mayor-of-la-i-dont-like-the-a-h-24847

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Kobe can't possibly be opening his glass house to rock-throwers, can he?

And for those who don't remember, Bryant is the guy who was caught "not raping" a girl in a Colorado hotel room and later bought his wife a billion dollar ring to apologize for his infidelity. Now of course he's exploiting his "happy family" at every opportunity as he remakes his image. That, and a few other things, have left him open to a lot of criticism.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

L.A. Observed picked up on this more than a week ago.

http://www.laobserved.com/archive/2009/06/dont_invite_em_kobe_and_a.php

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Yeah, old story. And, who cares. Two publicity-seekers vying for camera time. Yawn.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Here's the way I'd put it SCD: Who fuckin' cares?

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Who's this Kobe Bryant chap and why is anything he says important?

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villaraigosa has upped the ante in his "dis" war with Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant.

After Bryant "dissed" Villaragiosa at the beginning of the Lakers' victory parade, allegedly using an expletive to describe the public official, Villaragiosa issued the following statement.

"How does my ass taste?" said the unusual, one-sentence release from the mayor's office.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Reminds me of Philly Mayor Ed Rendell laughing at Todd Stottlemyre when the pitcher got shelled in the '93 World Series, bragging that even he could go deep off Stottlemyre. Todd replied, during the WS celebration that followed, that Rendell could kiss his ass.

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Really? Link? ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted