1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

L.A. HOPES TO SIGN TORRE

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportsnut, Oct 29, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Yeah, you should. It's the manager's job.

And with Timlin and Lowe, there would NOT have been an issue getting those six outs. They would've won the game and been in the World Series. Wakefield never would've even come CLOSE to coming into the game. But yeah, facts suck.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

He went out to visit Pedro before the Jeter or Williams at bat (can't remember which), pretty sure the Jeter at bat. So, when he gave up the double to Jeter and the RBI single to Williams, then a manager has to say, "I don't fucking care about Pedro's ego, he is out of the game because here comes Matsui." Plus, Embree was warm and had done well against Matsui, whereas Pedro had not done well against Matsui. So, yeah, I think he should have told Pedro to go fuck himself and get him off the mound at some point during that inning.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Forgot about Embree.

I still say Pedro shouldn't have even started that inning. Anyone who watched the seventh saw that he was gassed.

Perhaps the stupidest managerial move of my lifetime.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Agreed, but it was a fun night for me.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Fucking Red Sox fans! You just the goddamn World Series. Stop whining ab out 4 year old shit.
    Fuck, you guys are getting as bad as fucking whiny Yankees fans.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

And don't forget about Scott Williamson, who was throwing gas that fall.

I'd be willing to chalk Pedro being out there to Pedro being Pedro, but even Pedro thought he was done. He did the whole thank God thing as he walked off the mound in the seventh. And if I recall correctly, he also received congratulations and hugs in the dugout and was going into shutdown mode when Grady told him he was going out for the eighth.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The point was brought up. I had to rebut D-3, who was totally off base.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Happy place, Spnited...

:D

9. and some are

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

It's going to be a little weird seeing Torre and Nomar on the same team.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It'll be four seasons since Nomar was with the Sox. I don't even think of him as a Boston player anymore, really.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Maybe they can keep the mood light by seeing who's got the bigger nose.

Draft saved Draft deleted