1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kurt Cobain sucked

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

I didn't ask anyone to like what I listen to. But I'll be honest. I just spent the last few minutes looking up Nirvana lyrics and I feel dumber for the effort. I'm not entirely sure exactly what they were trying to say. And I was an English student who spent her university days analysing poetry.
    Leonard Cohen they weren't.

Oh and Down With the Sickness is about the abuse Disturbed's lead singer suffered at the hands of his mother.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

According to you ...

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

FRAUD!!!!!

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Metallica hasn't put out a decent album since 1989. Then again, it's kinda hard to make good music when you're suing Napster and trying to maximize earning potential in your mutual funds.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Pardon?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We'll see how well Disturbed's stuff holds up 15 years from now...  ::)

7. Flash

Flash Guest

You're right. Metallica has been crap since then. That St. Anger compilation was absolute dog feces.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

About as well as Mr. Big's did.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

And so is Pearl Jam's "Alive."

Just because you studied poetry in college and don't get Nirvana doesn't make them any more or less astute.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Metallica may be the ultimate sell-outs ever... I have no problem with a band going mainstream so they can make huge money touring and whatnot, but Metallica hasn't put out a good album since 1991 and a great album since 1988. Over the last decade with the whole Napster deal they've shown they don't give half a shit about their fans.

Fuck Metallica...

11. Flash

Flash Guest

So what? I didn't ask you to listen to Disturbed. This whole thing was spawned by me saying Kurt Cobain sucked. I think Kurt Cobain sucked. I didn't ask you to agree with me. Matter of fact, I knew some people wouldn't. But you know what? You're not going to change my opinion. I'm not going to change yours. I don't want to.
    Kurt Cobain sucked.
    Now if you'll leave us to our 'Kurt Cobain sucked' discussions, please feel free to start a thread entitled 'Kurt Cobain ruled.' I swear to you. I will not post in it. I won't even read it.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Mr. Big is at least on the K-Tel Monster Ballads compilation

Draft saved Draft deleted