1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kudos to the Bush Administration

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by alleyallen, Nov 12, 2006.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Seriously. The administration has announced it will open talks with Democratic foes in an opportunity to find new ways and options to deal with the mess in Iraq.

Can we, for one moment, put aside our differences and try to find a possible solution (or solutions) to bring some semblance of peace to that region will saving as many American lives as possible? I, as a citizen and a disable veteran, hope that both sides can come up with some serious and innovative solutions to the situation.

Without cluttering the thread with rhetoric, does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this mess?

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

You must have missed the earlier thread calling for solutions, AlleyBabbler.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Jealous much, Dye?

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Y'know DyePack, you're part of the problem, not the solution. I was trying to give some legit props to the Bush administration for being responsive to the American people and you have to be a major asshole. It's apparent you really don't give a fuck about anything other than "being right." Just fuck off if you don't have anything productive to post, because otherwise, you're just wearing out innocent keyboard letters.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Determine that by "hanging", you mean that Saddam gets suspended harmlessly for a couple minutes by a full-bodyt harness.

Then, reinstall him.

Get everyone out.

By Memorial Day.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That's our boy... poloponies...

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

And you guys thought Dyper'd outgrown his troll tendencies ...

8. So anyway ...

People a lot smarter than me can fill in the details on how exactly to fix this and get out honorably and effectiveley. But I do know the solution is not staying the course or pulling out right away.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

But make sure you back everything up and update your virus checker before that.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that doesn't narrow the choices much.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

There should not be no fucklng "honorable peace" negotiated with members of that party. Learn "Move out of the Way" in Espaniol.

12. That's the thing: The solution is going to be complicated, probably involve a lot of steps and a lot of parties. It's not the kind of thing you can wrap in a slogan and sell out on the campaign trail. We can't just keep doing what we're doing b/c Iraq is falling apart and our military is suffering. But we can't just pull out b/c of what it would mean to the Mideast and America's reputation.

In hindsight, it was a terrible decision to go in, or at least go in without any earthly idea how to handle the reconstruction. But we're in a mess now (thanks Rummy) and have to figure out an effective and honorable way out. As soon as we can all agree on that, then we can get somewhere on the details -- for which I'm hopeful the Baker panel will provide a good framework.

Draft saved Draft deleted