1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kudos On The SJ Makeover

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Nice job! What i've noticed so far is that the site is now smart phone friendly. Pages now automatically adjust to correct size.

Anyone else find any differences or new toys?

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I love it too... a little easier on the eyes to read after years of the same looking site.

Whichever one of you came up with this idea... I won't say anything bad about you. (For the next week, anyway... just kidding. Great job!)

3. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Finally got upgraded to the new version of SMF and it was a big step up. The guys did a great job getting it done quick. There's still some tweaking to be done (gotta get the logo back at the top of the page) but it looks pretty nice so far!

4. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Loads much faster, too, it seems like.

5. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

When I first saw it, I thought the site had crashed and this was one of those "The URL sportsjournalists.com is now for sale!" kinda deals. Luckily I was incorrect.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

While I like the look, I've got to give two thumbs down to the new layout.

1. I can no longer navigate to another board using the "Jump to" function at the bottom of the page. Before, if I was on Anything Goes, I could go down there and go directly to Sports and News. Can't do that anymore.

2. Worse, I can't log in on the mobile version on my Blackberry. There are two blank boxes that are unlabeled. When I enter my username and password, nothing happens.

Anyone else having these issues?

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

What do you mean? ;)

BTW, is the site going to use the Tapatalk plug-in?

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't use the "jump to" drop down, either. That's a pain, but overall I'm happy with the new look, I guess.

9. Yep ....

I thought I clicked the wrong link in my favorites ... Twice

10. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

New look is cleaner, though I do wish it had the "Jump To" feature. I'll give it a thumbs up.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You know when you get in your car in a crowded parking lot, and it takes you a minute to realize you got in the wrong car? That's how it felt signing in here this morning.

But it looks nice. Can you make the Hello text smaller and less bold? I think we had this discussion a long time ago, it's very conspicuous.

And the clock is still wrong.

12. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I already put in the request for them to check out the "Jump to" feature this morning, so we will have to wait and see.

Wow, someone who still uses a Blackberry! All I can tell you is that it works fine on my iPhone. I haven't had a Blackberry for years.

Draft saved Draft deleted