1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kornheiser suspended from PTI

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 23, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Gee, Wally, that woman's dress is sure short. Betcha her mom gives her a talking-to when she finds out."

"I dunno, Beav, but she sure makes me feel weird."

"Jeez, are you sore at her or something?"

"Nah, it's just something you'll have to find out when you're a little older."

"Man, I never get to be part of the grown-up stuff. Wally?"

"Yeah, Beav."

"Would you take her to the malt shop?"

"I dunno, Beav; Eddie and Lumpy might give me the business"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Stoney, it's a forum for eclectic opinion. Everyone here's got them, on everything. Mine is Kornheiser's a stale clown, and an ass for calling out his colleague in the public eye, whether she wears a bright plaid skirt or a burlap sack. What Headbutt said regarding his sensitivity. You don't get to make bad Mexican and Pope jokes without somebody mussing up your combover in return.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If Hannah's wardrobe was an issue at the WWL, it would've been dealt with long before TK dealt with it.
    Besides, I don't blame her for wanting to display the goods a bit as an F-you to Les Moonves for turfing her and Renee Syler from The Early Show. Moonves blew that show up twice, and each time, his Asian concubine (now wife) survived.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not surprising. For some reason ESPN seems to dote on him ... which raises the question of why they didn't go to bat for him at the Masters last year.

Not to cause too much topic swerve here, but I'm very uncomfortable with Berman, Kenny Mayne, Dan Patrick (when he was there) as endorsers of products. Does one see Brian Williams or Katie Couric singing the praises of the Podunk Country Inn in prime time? If SC is the news show its touted to be (yes, I know it hasn't been for ages), your talent should be above hawking weight-loss products.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't get the fuss. The company has a policy in place. Kornheiser had to have known about it, but he violated that policy anyway. I have no problem with ESPN enforcing its own rules.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Would you want your wife/gf/daughter dressing like that?

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

The thing is Hannah's usually a pretty sharp dresser, so she's either trying to attract the guys waking up in the morning (per network instructions?) or going through a midlife crisis. Either that or someone at ESPN has no idea what fashion sense is. Any way you slice it, it looks like she belongs in a cage on Hullabaloo or something like that.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

'Cause if you're media bucking Augusta's presentation/taste standards, you're
    going to lose.

Case closed.

9. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Oh, there was a lot of "slutty" about the outfit.

The red boots pushed it into that stratosphere. Black ones most likely would have been "party girl."

The dresses she's worn the last two mornings have been conservative but attractive.

Bottom line is she shouldn't have to be told to not wear something. It's like the repetitious, stupid questions on this site about how to dress for an interview or event. If you're a professional, dress professionally and appropriately.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

This is all BS. Does anybody really think ESPN doesn't approve what she wears before she goes on the air?
    Some of the clothes Linda Cohen wears look awful, too.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

There's a lunchtime poll buried in there somewhere. [/YesthatisaHeathersjack]

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe they can convince Hannah to appear in next "nude" installment of ESPN the Mag.

Draft saved Draft deleted