1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kornheiser Rips Mike Wise On-Air, Wise Basically Calls Tony A Bitter Sell-Out

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Flying Headbutt, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

What a great piece.

TK's great on PTI. GREAT. Too bad that's about all he can do, now, without
    making an utter douche of himself.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

ATH still much better than PTI. But I'll give PTI a little credit for toning down its premise of having Kornheiser and Wilbon trying to step over each other to get the point across. Nothing more infuriating then guys cutting each other off mid-sentence. Dumb idea for a show.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Wow, Xan, I can't stand ATH and really enjoy PTI. Watching ATH just makes me want to punch Mariotti in the face.

5. Songbird

See, I want to put the cobra clutch on TK and MW when they start raising their voices and jumping into each other's mouths.

Mariotti is a smug little you-know-what. I just enjoy the format of ATH, and Reali hosting the show. Someone needs to oil Woody every so often. It's like old people fucking with him some days.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The intelligence level on PTI > The intelligence level on ATH.

Not even close, IMO.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

How often do you watch PTI and ATH? Cause I watch PTI just about every day and rarely do Wilbon and TK yell and scream at each other anymore. Way less than when it first game on.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Both shows are tired to me, but I'd take PTI over the Horn every day.

9. Songbird

Sonner: As I said, they have toned it down the last, oh, 3-4 months, which is why I gave them credit. It wasn't conducive to intelligent debate.

At least now I can focus on what each guy is saying.

But I don't agree that the intelligence level is so much higher on PTI.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I abhor the concept of ATH. The game-show scoring of pithy platitudes.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Anybody see the "30 Rock" version of Around the Horn? They called it "Sportshouting." Same multi-camera format, four guys just going "AAAAAHHHH!"

12. Songbird

Many of the same pithy platitudes you'll see on PTI. Many. And like on ATH, there are some pretty solid points made on PTI. They really are the same show, just different formats to talk about the same exact subjects.

Draft saved Draft deleted