1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kornheiser on MNF

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Still a Bulls fan, Aug 14, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Cosell would get pissed about any comparison that didn't include Jesus, Gutenberg or Einstein.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

True, but Theismann is beyond awful as an announcer.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I didn't mean that Theismann was Cosell's equivalent. I just think that Tony K. popping Joey T.'s balloon and questioning Joey T.'s assumptions will make for good TV -- like Meredith and Cosell.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pettitte line is funny. I think Reali is great. He could be in the booth and the conversation would not skip a beat. He's sharp as a whip. I think Woody would be pretty funny compared with Korndog. And Joey T. gets on my nerves. He means well, but everything has to be his version of right all the time; he has Paul Maguire syndrome.

but Reali would dominate in the booth.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Tirico isn't horrible as an announcer, as far as keeping stuff straight and getting names right. I just associate him more with something like the GMAC Bowl. It's going to be hard to get used to him as the MNF guy.

Kornheiser will get better as the chemistry gets better. And Theisman? Well, he's one of those guys that just doesn't broadcast well. I've heard some radio and TV interviews where he's actually shown signs of intelligence and was able to get his point across effectively.

What's REALLY terrible, though, are those Vikings uniforms. Good god. They look like those old Lego houses I used to build as a kid, when my sisters would use up all the white and red blocks and I'd be stuck with yellow, black, blue, whatever, and they'd just end up as gobs of color all slammed together. When will teams realize this does NOT look good!?

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Don't know if anybody caught it or not, but right before they went to commercial at the 2 minute warning, the score graphic showed "Oakland 48, Minnesota 31" and the time as 0:00 in the fourth quarter. A prediction, perhaps? Or is somebody going to get dragged by the hair around the ESPN campus a few times?

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The positioning of the time/score graphic is interesting. Viewers' eyes more likely will find it easier since it's on the bottom of the screen in the middle, but that spot also provides potential for key parts of the play being hidden.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

ATH ain't got shit on PTI.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

THAT'S RACIST!!

(great sig).

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

Am I the only one or does Suzy K. look like she had some work done in the offseason?

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Off-topic question: How do you display videos as a sig?

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Yeah! They just did a Fred Smoot interview!

Draft saved Draft deleted