1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kornheiser on MNF

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Still a Bulls fan, Aug 14, 2006.

1. I know the game just started and it's the pre-season, but does he really need to be there?

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

Hell, yeah!
    Mr. Tony rocks!

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

About the only reason to even consider watching exhibition football.

4. That's a good ass point.

I guess it's just going to take some getting use to with all these guys on ESPN after watching Al Michaels for pretty much my entire life on MNF.

5. Jersey_Shore

Jersey_Shore New Member

Very, very early impression, but ... I don't like it so far.

Subject to change being that we're only four minutes into the game. ;)

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Who'd Tirico blow to get this gig?

Kornheiser doesn't sound natural, and I hate PTI (ATH is the best show on ESPN).

Doesn't the score graphic look 70's retro?

7. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

Mr. Tony doesn't seem suited for this format. He needs time to get off his best riffs, and third-chair violin doesn't get many extended solos.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

He's making good points, but it's not overly entertaining. Actually, it's been pretty dull thus far.

Theismann isn't a good partner, either. Kornheiser needs someone to go back and forth with, ala Wilbon. Joey T ain't it.

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Here is what I like so far about Tony K. -- he calls Joey T. out. When Joey "Rhymes with Heisman" is saying stupid crap fellating Art Shell as being better prepared for NFL re-entrance than Joe Gibbs was, Tony simply says, "Really?" in that tone that only Tony can pull off. I think that as Tony gets his sea legs, he'll get better. I still think he can play Meredith to Theismann's Cosell.

10. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Actually, the question should be who did Tirico sexually harass [allegedly]?

So, since you're an ATH fan, you're saying the three-man booth should be the Andy Pettitte lookalike, Eddie Munster and Tim Cowlishaw?

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They want to raise MNF ratings with an announcer? Here's how you do it:

Set up a chat room, have the guy in the booth talking with people in the chat room while mentioning some of their comments on TV. THAT would be great.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Howard Cosell just rolled over in his grave.

Draft saved Draft deleted