1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Koren Robinson. Moron.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

It would not be a league penalty, but rather a team penalty as there had to be some sort of language in his deal about his acts of the past. Seattle essentially kicked him off the team. Can't imagine Minnesota would not have some sort of "drunk and stupid" clause in the deal.

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I never understood the vitriol in the first place. He did go to Arkansas out of high school and was close to beating out Matt Jones for the QB position there. The guy threw, what was it?, 30 TDs and FIVE interceptions his senior year at Alabama State. I don't give a shit if you're playing PeeWee ball, 30 and 5 makes for one helluva ratio. But these folks were on him and the Vikings management hard the couple of weeks after he signed. Didn't they fire somebody basically over the selection of Jackson?

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

In part of my campaign to not feed into the inane and insane amount of attention paid to the NFL, I only paid scant attention to the offseason, including the draft. So I found a pleasant surprise in Jackson when I watched Monday's game.

As far as the fans' reaction to Jackson's selection, it's a tradition with Viking fans to be ticked off with most of the selections. (I've been guilty of this myself.) Dog, someone in the front office was fired or resigned after the draft, but I don't remember the details. I don't think it was just over the draft, there was more going on -- I remember reading a couple stories about it, but just can't recall what was reported. Another tradition with this team dating back to the days of Tommy Kramer -- the backup quarterback is ALWAYS the most popular player on the team. Except last year after Brad Johnson took over for Daunte Culpepper.

Lester, I don't know that there is a standard "drunk and stupid" clause in Viking contracts -- just look at the sad, pathetic history of DWI arrests for this team over the past 20 plus years. :mad: If there is, it doesn't look like it's been enforced. Maybe with the new ownership and new coach that will change.

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hey now, St. Peter has all those smokin' hot Lutheran chicks at Gustavus. It's not THAT bad...

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

A_QB, the entire state is filled with smokin' hot Lutheran chicks! ;) ;D

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You know I know that.

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I know.

I just wanted the rest of the board to know. :D

9. ST. PETER, Minn. - As Koren Robinson left the Nicollet Country District Court this afternoon and headed for a waiting car, a couple of people in an adjoining parking lot yelled, "Go Vikings!"

Koren's not the only moron.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Is Stefan LeFors not working out in Charlotte?

Did you know both of his parents are legally blind?

11. Fran Foley was terminated because of alleged embellishments on his resume and his management style. Nothing to do with the draft.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I know LeFors' background ... he and Brett Basanez - the QB from Northwestern - are supposedly having it out for the No. 3 QB slot.

My question: What makes Weinke so flippin' safe? The 1-15 debacle in 2001 wasn't his fault, but he's also nothing more than a stopgap.

Is someone in Charlotte considering the possibility of keeping both LeFors and Basanez and dumping Weinke? It's worth some consideration.

Draft saved Draft deleted