1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

koren gets jail time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DocTalk, Oct 5, 2006.

1. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/10/04/bc.fbn.korenrobinson.ap/index.html

KIRKLAND, Wash. (AP) -- Green Bay Packers wide receiver Koren Robinson was sentenced Wednesday to 90 days for violating probation in a drunken driving case. The sentence allows Robinson to finish this season before having to serve the time.

I believe that the Packers' season could be considered finished by now.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucking bullshit. Go to jail, go directly to jail, go directly to jail right now, do not pass go, do NOT wait until the season is over, and do not pick up your six-figure game checks.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The guy at Jiffy Lube asked to do his 90 days for possession of a blunt after the oil change season.

Fuck You KRob

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Not necessarily. Normal people get consideration all the time. My cousin's uncle (not blood to me) served a sentence for DUI (multiple offense, I think) on the weekends so he could keep his job.

5. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

I see drinking and driving as akin to taking a gun and shooting it blindly in the street. Both cause indiscriminate carnage to innocents.

DUI is premeditated, a danger to society and completely preventable.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And I know a guy who went after his editor with a pair of scissors. Judge gave him 30 days -- on weekends. Staff gave him a medal...

But it will be interesting to see what happens in Minnesota... 2nd offense DUI is not taken lightly...

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Exactly correct.

Not only does he face some serious jail time there, he'll also likely be suspended for a year by the NFL once the case has been adjudicated.

He deserves whatever he gets.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I didnt even realize he had been signed by Green Bay after the Vikes released him. Where the hell have I been.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Lost in an alcoholic haze, apparently

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

FWIW, in a case out here, a habitual DUI offender was let go so many times, it became an inside joke in the courthouse. It wasn't a laughing matter when he got blasted, jumped into his car and hit another car, killer a young driver. Her family was none too pleased to learn that the courts kept letting him out of the tank, because there was no room at the jail to stick him in.

I personally doubt if Robinson will ever get himself cleaned up. 28-day rehabs for anyone doesn't work anymore, since they don't really learn how to curb their problem.

11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Sounds like Denis Leary needs to send his uncle Teddy after him.

Draft saved Draft deleted