1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Koblin to NYT

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

From Deadspin to the New York Times ...

http://jimromenesko.com/2013/12/18/john-koblin-quits-deadspin-for-the-new-york-times/

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This must mean readers are rejecting Deadspin wholesale and the site has no future. That's what it means when people leave the New York Times, right?

3. Cigar56

Cigar56 Member

Good to see this two-way movement between digital sites and newspapers. Sites like Gawker, Deadspin and yes, even Bleacher Report, are really pretty good at what they do.

4. NHMafia

NHMafia Member

Good for him. He helped me out for a class project once and a few questions turned into a 45-minute conversation. One of the nicest guys I've spoken to.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Sports and fashion... Two of my favorite topics... I read him now and can't wait to see what he does covering fashion. God knows that world could use some shaking up. It kind of makes me want to subscribe or something...

6. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

A Deadspin writer left for the Star-Ledger, which isn't exactly stable.

7. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

NY Observer, WWD, Deadspin and New York Times. Pretty cool career. The Times should poach Craggs next and make him the next Lipsyte.

8. OceanLottery

OceanLottery Member

Who?

9. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Dom Cosentino

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

But did the NY Times hire Koblin's girlfriend? [/ESPN joke]

Draft saved Draft deleted