1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kobe's wife, Vanessa, files for divorce...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

That's what I was thinking.

2. Deskhack

Deskhack Member

From Saturday Night Live...First thing I thought of after reading that paragraph:

Vanessa Bryant: [ wrings her hands free from Kobe's ] You better get your damn hand off me before I break it off like a chopstick!

Kobe Bryant: Baby, please..

Vanessa Bryant: Don't you "Baby" me! If you want to address me, you'd better call me by my name: Mrs. Kobe Bryant!! So I know you're talking to me, and not some concierge or some chambermaid, or some ho you met selling Mets jerseys outside the Meadowlands!

Kobe Bryant: Vanessa! I never talk to other girls. Just this one time --

Vanessa Bryant: Ohhh, just this one time.. when I talked to this girl for five minutes, and then I tripped and my chocolate fell into her peanut butter! Right?! I oughta break that thing off, and take it home with me!

[ Lawyer re-enters room, as the Bryants return to their fake romantic pose ]

Lawyer: Kobe, Vanessa.. it's just gonna be a couple more minutes, because they're fussing with the lighting.

Vanessa Bryant: Okay.

Kobe Bryant: Thank you, Paul.. thank you. I just want people to know I love my wife.. and she's gonna stand by my side.

Vanessa Bryant: I appreciate what you're doing for our family..

3. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

So, how much cheating did Vanessa consider to be an acceptable amount before he started cheating "too much"?

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Psst to anyone tracking this story, follow the babymama drama. Fact. You're welcome.

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Jordan fans: Again, Kobe comes up short. No way Kobe will top handing out $168 million to the wife.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00012381.html

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

She's been with him 10 years which is when he got the bulk of his wealth. She's not going to top Juanita, but she's going to get some serious money...

Good for her. It seems like just yesterday when Kobe was trolling her high school with her...

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That house on Vanessa's finger Kobe bought her after Colorado lost 60% of its value. I'd be pissed too.

8. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Paging Karl Malone.

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

The first thing that popped in my head when I heard of the divorce was the Kanye West song "Runaway"

And I always find, yeah, I always find something wrong
    You been putting up with my shit just way too long
    I'm so gifted at finding what I don't like the most
    So I think it's time for us to have a toast

Let's have a toast for the douchebags
    Let's have a toast for the assholes
    Let's have a toast for the scumbags
    Every one of them that I know

Let's have a toast for the jerk-offs
    That'll never take work off
    Baby, I got a plan
    Runaway fast as you can

Kobe is pretty much a douchebag, scumbag and an asshole.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What a poet.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

California's a community property state. She gets 50%.

The only question is, 50% of how much?

Estimates of Kobe's assets range from $150 million to $400 million.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Kobe maintain's custody of Stephen A Smith. He has to, no one can remove Stephen's Adam's apple from Kobe's cock.

Draft saved Draft deleted