1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kobe wants Jerry West to return as Lakers GM or he wants out of L.A.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, May 28, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yeah, he has 3 that Shaq got for him. How many does he have in a situation where he's the man?

2. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Indeed, all Kobe did was just watch Shaq work for those three titles. After what Shaq did in Orlando, it was clear he needed absolutely no help to win it all. Hell, Jordan never had a bit of help while winning it all. I don't even remember who else played on those Bulls teams, they were so damn nondescript.

I would say Rick Fox, Derek Fisher, Glen Rice, etc. were all much more important to the Lakers than Kobe. And it's a good thing they had Robert Horry to make all the clutch shots while Kobe just took up space on the court.

Kobe sucks.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Holy crap you're dumb.

NO ONE can win a championship with the crap Kobe has right now. Not Shaq, not Jordan, not Magic. So that argument is bogus.
    You think Kobe wasn't big for the Lakers? What about all those clutch games he had during the playoffs? Derek Fisher and Glen Rice meant more to the team? Wow. The level of stupidity on this board amazes me sometimes.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Psst. me think's he was kidding.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

He's new, and not versed in the ways of the sarcasm font.

6. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Help me out with something about Jerry Buss. I seem to remember hearing that he was a dentist, but I can't find any independent confirmation on that. Was the person I heard that from full of shit (on this topic at least)?

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Dr. Jerry Buss has a Phd in Chemistry, nothing dental according to a bio I found.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Kobe drove Buss to that DUI.

10. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I was always under the impression that one of the reasons West retired was because he wanted to spend time back in his home state of West Virginia, where he'd watch his youngest son Jonnie (who redshirted this past season) play for Bob Huggins, the coach The Logo helped steer to WVU to replace John Beilein.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I might be crazy, but didn't Rick Bucher report Monday before the game that West was going to be a consultant and not a full-timer and this would allow him to help get things back on track while spending time watching his son?

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

He's just said he wants to be traded. He did it on Screamin' A Smith's NYC radio show.

It's funny listening to Bryant talking about trust. Maybe the Lakers can buy him a huge ring?

Draft saved Draft deleted