1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kobe wants Jerry West to return as Lakers GM or he wants out of L.A.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, May 28, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Ah, Kobe, Kobe. Just can't stay away from controversy.

3. I could see West coming back there. I just wonder if he wants to deal with Jerry Buss and Phil Jackson.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I saw the Ric Bucher story on this earlier. And IIRC Plaschke said this was what he was saying without saying it in his column last night/this morning.

I thought the reason he left in the first place was because he and Jackson didn't see eye-to-eye.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Paging RAMBO...RAMBO please pick up the white courtesy phone...

6. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Yep. That seemed to be a large part of the issue.

When did Bucher start going with the Pat Riley look? I'm only used to the combover.

7. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

He's damned if he stays quiet and accepts Kupchak's incompetence, and he's damned if he speaks up and voices his displeasure at the current situation.
    And, before anyone starts with the "it's his fault they traded Shaq" ... if they HAD Shaq right now, they'd still be in the same position because the role players are all gone and Shaq is just about finished (don't forget, he was completely healthy and couldn't carry Miami past the Bulls, who didn't even win 50 games this season). The reason the Lakers can't do anything is the huge contracts owed to Odom and Kwame Brown. Nice work, Kupshit.

If Bryant speaking up reunites West and the Lakers, then I'm all for it.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I want Kobe in jail. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

9. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Same thing he seems to be thinking. West for Kupcake would be the steal of the decade for the Lakers.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

West certainly lifted that Grizzlies franchise to great heights, eh?

Today is Jerry West's 69th birthday.

What does he need more of this shit for? Dealing with infants like Kobe Bryant, egomaniacs like Jerry Buss, and legends-in-their-own minds like Phil Jackson?

Jerry West should buy a big beautiful house overlooking the Pacific Ocean (if he doesn't own one already), sit back in the Jacuzzi, and drink a dozen daquiris every day. Two dozen on the weekends. :D :D

11. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Yeah, about that Grizz job performance...

I'm sure Jerry is asking himself the same questions you just posed, Starman. Does The Logo really want to go back to that? Guess we'll find out.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Where will Kobe be traded? Who would trade for him? Who could the Lakers get? Who has the right combination of quality players and cap room?

Nowhere, no one, no one, no one.

Why would West want to return? He was so stressed as they won the 2000 title, he didn't watch the game.

If Kupchak considers this for even a moment, I'll be at the head of the torch-wielding mob to remove his ass from a position he can't handle. They should quit screwing around, fire Kupchak, and start over with a better GM.

And KObe needs to STFU. Yesterday.

Draft saved Draft deleted