1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kobe 'hater-ade'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, May 12, 2008.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Two people were in that room; they both agree to the essential fact of penetration of an orifice without consent.
    But yeah, you know more than them. I'm convinced.

2. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

To the other point, because the case didn't go to trial, I don't think it's fair to call him a rapist any more than it's fair to call her a slutbag whore.
    I'd like to think they both learned terrible lessons and are no longer the people they were in the room that night.

3. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I buy Kobe's "confession" about as much as I buy her accusation. You don't think maybe his lawyers came to him and said "Hey dude, look. She's willing to settle. All you have to do is sign a statement that she approves of and this is all over. Give it a couple of years and you're back on top of the NBA. Fight this, have a jury of your so-called-peers decide your future and who knows what will happen."

I'd have signed that, too, even if I was innocent, because who knows how a jury trial might end up. Just get that shit over with.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Men like you are why I wish I was a lesbian, then I wouldn't have to deal with you and your kind's bullshit idiotic views on women and when sex is and isn't consensual.

5. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Agreed 100 percent. It was an ugly situation all the way around. Unfortunately, I doubt either have gained any emotional maturity from it. I'm quite positive Bryant probably still cheats on his wife (he's a world famous pro athlete ... not exactly going out on a limb there). And reports on the accuser in the months following the whole mess indicate her life was spiraling downard.

Sad all the way around.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dear vanessa,

you'll thank me in the morning ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I'm not even going to get into a debate with you because you've proven you can be irrational when it comes to defending women from so-called sexist attacks from the men on this board. Not everything is sexist.

8. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Which Vanessa? ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. dargan

dargan Active Member

I'm still highly entertained how Kobe has become such a team player less than a year after demanding a trade for an entire summer.

He's like Paul Pierce to the 10th power.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

did pierce rape some girl in a midwest state?

11. dargan

dargan Active Member

I was strictly referring to the cry-my-entire-career-then-get-happy-when-my-team-does-well aspect.

I don't think The Mamba's incident was in a Midwest state, though.

12. jps

jps Active Member

My vote: Shitbag Rapist.

Draft saved Draft deleted