1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kobe 'hater-ade'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, May 12, 2008.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Speaking of ESPN Radio, I flipped my Sirius on there for about 10 minutes during a long drive last week. I heard Chris Paul referenced by hosts as "CP3" about 25 times in those 10 minutes before changing the channel and banging my head on the steering wheel.

3. Deeper_Background

Just how much can a gold-digging wife take? Kobe Bryant has allegedly participated in yet another scandalous affair and was stepping out on his wife Vanessa with another Vanessa, no relation.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Vanessa Curry was a Laker girl but recently "quit" the squad to pursue some "hosting" opportunities. Rumor has it the suits wanted to get rid of her because the affair was a major distraction and the Lakers are so close to getting Phil Jackson his all-mighty ring this season. http://www.thedirty.com/?p=27256

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Deeper_Background

Reporter cussed out by Vanessa Bryant

Laura Lane covers the Lakers for ESPN.com. She wrote a mildly invasive item about that weird purple tutu thing that Vanessa Bryant wore on the floor the night Kobe picked up his MVP award. Then after game 2 of the San Antonio series, Lane was leaving the Lakers locker room when Vanessa lit into her. Lane attributes it in part to the "rumors" of Kobe bonking one of the Laker Girls — "a hotter version of his wife who is also named Vanessa" — who has suddenly vanished from the squad.

So as I'm walking out of the Lakers locker room after some post-game interviews with the players, I pass Vanessa, who is sitting outside the locker room as usual with her two girls.

"Laura!” she screams (yes, she apparently knows my name). "Fuck you! You fucking bitch!"

"Excuse me?" I say, completely baffled as I look around me to see if there is someone else named Laura. No, there’s not.

Her daughters – ages 5 and 2 – are sitting next to her on the bench looking at their mom as she screams.

[More f-words ensue. Many more.]

I just stare at her. I've heard many stories about her from reporters, but this was unbelievable. Two of my friends from the LA Times told me how she cussed out one of them last season, because he said hi to her daughter. "Join the club, this means you've arrived," said one reporter when word spread of my run-in with Vanessa. "She's insane," said another. "Everyone knows it."

Lane is a 2007 USC grad who has worked at E! Online and was Ryan Seacrest's intern for awhile. She blogs, "The sad part is before all of this I kind of liked Vanessa and I thought we hit it off. She doesn't give a fuck about anything. She wears these insane outfits, struts around Staples Center like a queen, shows off her daughters and lets them run around the hall way playing tag while reporters are trying to get by....As a journalist I am going to piss people off. That's just the nature of the business. I never want to or intend to piss people off, but if you’re not pissing people off occasionally, then you are constantly kissing ass."

http://www.laobserved.com/archive/2008/05/reported_cussed_out_by_va.php

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Why twice, D_ ... oh never mind.

6. Deeper_Background

Vanessa #2 is much cuter than the first one.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Rapist? Did I miss a conviction?

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Bryant: "I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter."

And he gave her a boatload of money.

O.J.'s a murderer; Kobe's a rapist. Absence of conviction notwithstanding.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Jury didn't convict him. He's not a rapist.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I've noticed there are some people you are not allowed to dislike or root against or you will be accused of "hater-ade" "hating" or being a "hater"

Kobe and Lebron James are the two in the NBA.

If you dislike Duncan, Nash, Garnett, Pierce it is OK, you are just a fan or you don't like their personality or their playing style.

But if you dislike Kober Bryant or Lebron James you are a "jealous hater....."

I've never quite understood that.....

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The "h" word - root version, not idiotic modern stylized lingo - is horrifically overused. Worse, a supposedly media personality used it.

To say I don't like Kobe is an understatement. If Colin Cowherd can't cure his cranial-rectal fusion long enough to understand that, too bad.

12. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

Well if he's not a rapist, then he's a guy who cheated on his wife with a 19-year-old he'd just met. That's enough for me to root against him.

Draft saved Draft deleted