1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kobe going wild ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ledbetter, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

... on the court.

He's got 30 in the third quarter. Game's on TNT.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ok, I love the Killface, but this should only apply if he's got more than 50 at this point.

3. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

he's got 52 after 3 quarters.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That's more like it! Now I'm switching over.

5. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

i think he's done for the night. it's a rout.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

He came back into the game, but he's got five fouls as well, so I doubt anything 82-esque is going down.

EDIT: And he doesn't score in the fourth with the game in hand. Nice game though.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's just one game, but 132-102? Damn. Can a loss this bad toll the start of a horrid slump that plummets the Jazz back to reality?

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Songbird, I was thinking the same thing while watching this.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Nah, they had a great player go off on them, and that was the difference. I think the talent this team has shown it has, plus the steady hand of Jerry Sloan, will make sure this is just a blip.

On a side note, doesn't the lighting at the Stapler look different this year. Bright on the floor, dark in the stands.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The last time I remember a Lakers team doing this was circa '85 when Showtime would beat the Fat-Lever-Alex-English-TR-Dunn-led Nuggets something like 148-117.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

There have been many great names in the NBA/ABA, but Fat Lever is one of the best, if only for the insinuation factor.

12. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Yes, definitely. We noticed this in the office during the first week of the season. They're definitely going for an MSG look with the lighting scheme in there now. Can't decide if I like it - looks a little too much like a wrestling event where they only sell enough tickets to fill half the building and they don't want it to look bad on TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted