1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Know any good poker games?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rick Vaughn, Oct 9, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

We play something called Diablo.

Five card draw with a quarter ante. Everyone looks at the cards, and if you think your hand can beat EVERYONES at the table you say draw. Everyone then draws cards.

Once this is done, people can raise the pot to whatever they want like in real poker.

But here is the kicker, if you said draw and do not beat the table, you have to match the pot after the winner takes it all. This continues until the person who says draw an claim the pot.

Oh, deuces wild.

I hope that made sense.

2. Rick Vaughn

Rick Vaughn New Member

This is more or less a bump--tonight's poker night again and I was looking for a couple more good ones to play.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Five-card draw, Jacks or better to open, trips to win, progressive all-around
    We used to call it The Big Picture.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Here's one:
    Deuces, Jacks, Man with the ax (the kind of diamonds) are wild, but a pair of natural 7s beats all. Could lead to a split pot. Played that game a lot when I was younger and the natural 7s do not happen often.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

At an old-timer's game I play at sometimes.......doesn't matter what the game is......it's hi-lo.

6. Sandman

Sandman Member

This was always the last game at my old poker night. Perfect game to end on.

Great thread, by the way.

My contribution: Pass The Trash. It's a split-pot game -- high hand and low hand each take half. Everybody is dealt seven cards. Pass three cards to your left. Then pass two cards to the right. Then discard two, leaving your five best (or worst) cards in your hand. Reveal one card at a time, betting after each roll. After the fourth cards are shown and everyone's bet, declare high or low. Bet one more time, then show. Hands that typically win high are big full-houses, straight flushes and four of a kinds. Lowest hand possible is A-2-3-4-6. Best when played with 5-7 players. Enjoy.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Could play Jacks or better all night.

Could also play criss-cross.

card

card wild card card

card

all cards are face down....whatever the wild card is wild the whole hand.....

flip the cards one at a time....betting after each card.

You can play the criss (up and down) or the cross (side to side)

Some wild hands.

Draft saved Draft deleted