1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Knocked out of the playoffs has a new meaning in Montgomery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Sadly, the reaction from ASU University relations in that WSFA story is about what I would expect from that bunch:

Kenneth Mullinax, Director of University Relations for Alabama State University, said "...no one was hurt. We had some over enthusiastic high school fans who got involved in an altercation..."

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

4fit

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The stuff on the floor was a warmup. Wait until the end when they show the fight in the stands.

And slappy, if you get enough time for lunch in Cullman (doubtful I know), you can thank me later.

http://www.rumorsdeli.com/

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Rumors is pretty good. But the orange rolls at The All-Steak are the best foodstuffs in Cullman County.

5. dixiehack

The sports anchor for the ABC affiliate here just gave Mr. Mullinax a new way to go to the bathroom.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Also, it appears that early reports that one team (Valley) had to forfeit due to ejections stemming from the fight were erroneous. They're evidently going to finish the game at some point.

I'm rooting for midnight on the asphalt court at the Montgomery County Youth Detention Center.

7. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

That clip was, well, something. From the woman who obviously was pulled off the street and handed a microphone, to the scared sportscaster, to the Alabama St. SID proclaiming that everyone should come on down to Alabama State and see just some great ball - it had everything.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

SPELL IT OUT! LESS THAN 10!

FOURFIT!

9. dixiehack

The latest from the Agonizer (which has painfully little about this on the Web. Guess this is furlough week.)

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20090217/NEWS/90217055

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And yet, ASU gets the regional because USA didn't want it and there's nowhere else in that part of Bama to host.

Would love to... today, if the SID wasn't going out for Subway, I would have had Bag O' Candy and trips to The Cookie Room as my sustenance....

As for the Advertiser, they had info early (as did al.com). Long had video up quickly.
    Evans backpedaled, as he should have. Officials ruled (as video showed) that Valley was off the benh and ran out of players. However, let's see if Savarese has the nads to toss Carver too. He liked to say he's tough on violations (but hides under a false claim of private organization); lets see...

11. dixiehack

Any more of this and they'll be hosting in Atmore.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Seriously, where else are they going to go? USA doesn't want it and ASU gets it for several reasons, none of them have anything to do with competence of current staff. Remember, ASU is the same school that was hit with like Eleventybillion violations in the football program. The same "shit happens" attitude exists all over the athletic department.

Draft saved Draft deleted