1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Knight and Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

25 minutes in. It's pretty bad, but not unwatchable. The stunts would be a lot cooler if Cruise wasn't smirking the whole time.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Both guys panned it on 'At the Movies,' going so far as to say it's worse than the similar Ashton Kutcher-Katherine Heigl movie from a few weeks agao.

3. Mizzougrad96

Assuming he makes the Les Grossman movie, that will be a success. I read somewhere that he and Stiller are financing it.

4. Mizzougrad96

I saw that on At the Movies, based on the 30 minutes I've seen so far of Knight and Day, I'm guessing that Kutcher and Heigl outacted Cruise and Diaz.

Plus Heigl is much more fun to watch than Diaz.

5. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

The pic would have been a lot better with Mel Gibson re-doing his Lethal Weapon character and Charlize Theron or Kat Heigl in the Diaz role. But there would have been the same PR problems with Mel punching that Russian bird's teeth out...

6. Mizzougrad96

This would be a lot better if Cruise had some of the intensity he had in the Mission: Impossible movies and I wasn't a huge fan of the last two. There's no intensity here. In this one, he looks so smug that you want to slap him.

7. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

The race car movie Cruise did many years back, the one where he met co-star and future wife Nicole Kidman (whose character did perhaps the dumbest thing ever -- wear all white into a race car pit) is I think his worst movie.

Didn't Cruise get an Oscar nod for Born on the Fourth of July? His best (most popular) roles are sharing the screen with Hoffman in Rain Man and Newman in the Color of Money. My favorite still is Risky Business. Heck, wasn't it last year that they made a college basketball commercial using the Old Time Rock n roll scene from that movie?

8. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

The press releases for it so far are hilarious. Paramount Pictures and MTV Films announced today that they are set to develop a movie around mega-producer Les Grossman. The announcement comes on the heels of Grossman’s groundbreaking and visionary production of the soon-to-be Emmy® award-winning 2010 MTV Movie Awards Sunday night. Tom Cruise, along with Ben Stiller and Stuart Cornfeld of Red Hour Films will produce and have secured the life rights to Grossman.

Grossman, best known as a mega producer, has most recently mentored talents such as Rob Pattinson and Taylor Lautner. In 2008, Grossman was introduced to the masses by Stiller in the comedy “Tropic Thunder” where the famed producer had a cameo playing himself.

Said Ben Stiller: “Les Grossman's life story is an inspiring tale of the classic human struggle to achieve greatness against all odds. He has assured me he plans to quote, ‘F**king kill the sh*t out of this movie and make Citizen f**king Kane look like a piece of crap home movie by the time we are done.’ I am honored to be working with him.”

When asked what the screenplay was about Grossman responded: “To quote my great friend Kirk Lazarus, ‘I don’t read the script, the script reads me.’”Adam Goodman, Paramount Film Group President said, "Everything I learned in this business, I've learned from Les. I started out as his assistant, and from the first day he threw his desk at me when I got his lunch order wrong, I have loved him like a father. I am forever grateful to Ben and Stuart Cornfeld and their ability to secure his highly-coveted life rights,"

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=66942

9. Mizzougrad96

I didn't hate Days of Thunder. It was good, dumb fun. It was about 1,000 times better than this shit that I'm watching right now.

10. Mizzougrad96

They're playing Hall and Oates' "Private Eyes"

This is the highlight of the first 45 minutes of the movie.

11. Mizzougrad96

I'm at the halfway mark and I haven't smiled or laughed once. That's not usually a good sign for something that was billed as an action-comedy.

12. Mizzougrad96

Diaz in a bikini. I don't understand her appeal. I thought she was hot in The Mask and cute in Something About Mary, but she's disgustingly skinny and has no curves whatsoever.

Draft saved Draft deleted