1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Klapisch is back!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by spnited, Aug 24, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

This is buried on The Record web site but well worth reading

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/moresports/27324954.html

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

Thanks for the link, Spnited... wonderful to have him back at it.

Here's wishing him a complete recovery ASAP.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Look, I'm glad to hear that his prognosis is good, even though it looks like the ordeal is far from over.

But I'm reading the column, and this jumps out at me:

"As I later wrote in an essay for BaseballAnalysts.com, I would soon realize just how wide the gap is between professional and amateur pitchers."

No shit? Here's another one to consider: Driving at Indy isn't like speeding on the Jersey Turnpike.

Here's hoping his recovery continues as smoothly as possible.

4. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Welcome to the club, Bob. We've got a nice seat saved for you here on the sofa. :)

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

i love klap. was among his ol' buds who called him after this incident.

still pains me greatly, though, that he needed this to make him see more clearly. he WAS peter pan, and i've told him that.he did kept playing to keep perspective on how difficult the game is?

i don't buy it for a sec. ain't a baseball-writing lifer who doesn't have an appreciation for that. thank goodness he's on the road to a lonnng recovery. but as someone who's always valued klap, even from a distance, this whole ordeal leaves me shaking my head.

6. casty33

casty33 Active Member

I spoke to him recently and he was very happy. So are the rest of us. He said he'd be writing a couple of columns from home, then get back to the ballpark in another couple of months.

Draft saved Draft deleted