1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kitchen nightmare for Chef Ramsay

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain Obvious, May 15, 2013.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

More updates as you have them please.

This has become one of my favorite stories of the year so far.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

If you're too big a sleaze for Jason Rose and his PR firm, you're a real piece of work.

It's too bad the press conference was called off. It was going to be emceed by the Rev. Jarrett Maupin, the former teenage protege of Al Sharpton. Jarrett, the great champion for the working man, will go anywhere he can find a camera, and in this case that meant defending the people who were taking tips from their wait staff.

Jarrett once ran for mayor of Phoenix, made up lies about the incumbent and passed them along to the FBI. That led to a plea deal where he withdrew from the race, gave up his seat on a school board, and had to pay up to $50k in restitution.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

This is on my DVR, and based on this thread, imma try to watch it tonight. It sounds wonderful.

Reading some of the delusional comments from the owners of places that get the Kitchen Nightmare or Restaurant Impossible treatment is usually amusing. Oh really, the TV crew magically managed to cake on 20 layers of grease to your kitchen fans? I understand that shows can be edited in certain ways, but it's not like they can magically turn one moment of weakness into 30+ minutes of you acting like an asshole over multiple days.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

It's the gift that keeps on giving:

From: http://www.azcentral.com/business/consumer/articles/20130521amys-baking-company-set-reopen.html

5. sgreenwell

Okay, finally watched the episode - Goodness, that was amusing!

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Lawyer's name is Asser?

Fitting.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

From that article, this made me about die laughing:

pot, kettle, etc.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I bet everyone just wants to go and be screamed at by Samy. Lot of masochists in the world.

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I'm going to be in the Valley of the Sun in a bit. I'll have some downtime so I may stop by ABC.

They've both served time. Didn't the KN staff vett these people?

If he's deported do they open another restaurant wherever they end up? Can't be France or Germany, he's barred from there. Does she stay in the States? If they split who gets custody of the cat children?

Maybe I'll ask them.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It the three of them went at it with carving knives -- Samy, his wife and Chef Ramsey -- I would hope it would end in a triple dead heat.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This.

12. sgreenwell

I might be off-base with this, but I imagine there aren't a ton of saints in the restaurant business. Ramsay has a couple Michelin stars but has also admitted that on his way out of a restaurant, he stole their reservation book for a night. This could be especially true if you're dealing with nearly insolvent businesses - they might have some fraud and/or money problems that could turn into arrests based on the jurisdiction.

Draft saved Draft deleted