1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kings of Prosperity

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jan 3, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, I'll probably tape One Tree Hill, although it's running out of steam fast. I just don't see where it can go after the final game of their high school career.

"One Tree Hill, Season Four: The Fork Union Year." The girls can attend the women's finishing school two miles down the road.

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson, "When was the last time Barbra Streisand cleaned out your garage? And when it's time to do the dishes... where's Ray Bolger? I'll tell ya! RAY BOLGER... IS LOOKIN' OUT FOR RAY BOLGER!"

3. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Here, here. I'll raise my glass to that.

4. Rambler

Rambler Member

I just watched it. It was semi-funny. Best parts were the "Start Me Up" Muzak in Mick's elevator and when Mick called to his dogs swimming in the pool: "Charlie!" "Ronnie!"

5. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

I'd give it 3.5 out of 5 stars. Funny is spots. I liked the Reservoir Dogs walk parts I and II with news members added for the second. There is a lot of potential. Donal Logue?sp? is hilarious.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

If this turns out OK ... and like I said, I enjoyed the opener ... it will be the first time I can stand Donal Logue. In anything.

7. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Shot,

You can't tell us truthfully you didn't enjoy Logue as the greasy taxi driver in MTV's early 1990s commercials. He also was great in Grounded for Life. That along with Titus were two brilliant shows that Fox discarded way too early.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Honestly, Lamar ... he's made me cringe every single time I've seen him up to last night.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Did you see Tao of Steve, Shot? Logue was awesome in that as a 30-year-old having a hard time growing up.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That, I didn't. Hey, the guy can act; he just makes me cringe.

11. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I watched it tonight, and I will give it a few more episodes. If I watch it after that, it might be because I loved In Case Of Emergency so much. Knights of Prosperity would be sort of a warm-up and all.

I read that the OC is leaving soon, or some such thing. I've never watched and don't even know the basic story line.

Friday Night Lights was wonderful. That show just keeps getting better. The kid they picked to be the modest quarterback from a troubled family is becoming my hero with each new episode. I root for him just like I've rooted for so many prep athletes over the years. You just want them all to prove the naysayers wrong and to overcome the demons they all face in one way or another. Of course, there are a lot of broken hearts. I'm hoping the show doesn't lead me down the same path. I want glory.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I like In Case of Emergency because Jonathan Silverman's in it.

I don't like it so much because David Arquette's in it.

Greg Germann ... I can take him or leave him.

Draft saved Draft deleted