1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

King of the Hill-Simpsons

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Oct 24, 2008.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I swear I have yet to see but one show twice. After seeing a second marathon the other day, and knowing that show is about a decade younger than The Simpsons, I've seen more Simpson reruns. Maybe that's just a coincidence.

But it got me to thinking...If you watch either or both, what's your favorite episode?

King of the Hilll - where Hank ends up going broke taking a cat he's keeping to a Vet that changes for all kinds of shit.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"Let's go Peggy. We gotta drive to Dallas before the gangs wake up."

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I watched the first 4-5 seasons of King of the Hill but haven't seen one since. I can't remember all of the episodes I watched, but I liked about 98 percent of them. They were funny and biting and humorous ... much like the first 6-7 years of the Simpsons were funny and biting and humorous, and real.

I loved the King of the Hill where Mangione plays the Gerry Rafferty song "Baker Street."

Stampy is my favorite Simpsons episode.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

"I wish I had an elephant."
    "You did. His name was Stampy. You loved him very much."
    "Oh yeah."

5. Giggity

Giggity Member

"I was always proud you weren't a short man."

6. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

KOTH is perhaps the most underrated show on TV.
    Saw a rerun the other day where Hank was mistakenly listed as a female on his driver's license.
    Bobby: "Dad, that means you and mom could be lesbians!"
    Hank: "That's it, the cable is out of here."

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Six o'clock in the mornin' and already the boy ain't right..

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

My afternoon is filled with reruns of KOTH. That's all I watch from 1-2 while getting ready for work.

And the driver's license episode was on the other day. That's one of the best episodes.

9. Giggity

Giggity Member

All-time best KOTH line:

"Bobby, soccer was invented by European ladies to keep them busy while their husbands did the cooking."

10. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

That's what I'm watching right now. :)

Love the show. I could watch KOTH reruns all the time -- even ones I've seen before. Simpsons, while I love, I get tired of after two or three viewings.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

BBAM just started crying and doesn't know why.

12. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

It would be impossible to pick a favorite episode of either. Both shows are great.

King of the Hill has more episodes I don't enjoy or change the channel because they focus on characters I would prefer get run over by a wheat thresher (Peggy, Cotton and Lucky). But every episode is usually good for a memorable quote or two. One of my favorite Hank lines: "With voter turnouts at an all-time low, not voting makes me even even more American."

The Simpsons is just brilliant.

Draft saved Draft deleted