1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

King of the Hill Series Finale

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hank_Scorpio, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

It's tonight at 8 p.m. (might be delayed some due to football, but probably fairly close to then).

I got the first six seasons on DVD dirt cheap from Best Buy one week. I think they were all $12.99 each.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

King of the Hill is still on?

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

There was supposed to be one more season, but now it's been reduced to two more episodes on Fox, both airing tonight (including the finale) and four that'll go in the syndicated mix, possibly debuting on [adult swim]

Eventually The Cleveland Show will take its place. Someone explain why that show exists?

4. Hank_Scorpio

Admittedly, KOTH has lost some on its fastball, especially when they wrote Lucky into the show. A lot of the earlier episodes were great, though.

The Cleveland Show series premiere is sometime this month.

Hopefully, they can be just Family Guy and run jokes into the ground. :D

5. Mystery Meat II

Lucky was not a good permanent addition, and I wasn't crazy about how Joseph developed, but the show really died with Cotton. Even at its weakest, though, I'd take it over Family Guy 9.5 times out of 10.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

King of the Hill's best shows were as good as anyone's. I liked the character Lucky, but using him meant more Luanne-related episodes and I usually changed the channel on those.

The Fox marketing dept. seemed to forget about this show about 5-7 years ago.

Farewell to Rusty Shackleford.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The best family comedy of the best decade. A sweet, witty and nice show which was criminaly neglected by Fox.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hell, look where Fox has the series finale slotted. On the first day of NFL football.

Although it could work as a nice lead-in, but more likely the finale gets overshadowed.

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Used to love this show, but never could figure out where Fox stuck it.

I knew about Lucky, but I had no idea Cotton died.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Two things that always make me laugh when I think of this show:

"Patches"

"Bobby, you're a husky boy."

11. Mystery Meat II

Kind of a lackluster episode with an unlikely plot (competitive meat grading as a sport that draws as well at the junior college level as most Division I Olympic sports? And why is Bobby, an eighth grader for the last 13 years, allowed to compete?). But the ending was nice and sweet, and now we know Boomhauer's first name (Jeff, which would explain why we never heard or saw it until today, since Jeff's not an Arlen alley name).

Family Guy's on. Time to watch something that isn't Family Guy.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Agreed Meat. Seemed like just any other episode until the end. Pretty low key and nice.

Draft saved Draft deleted