1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kinda screwed over on a car, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by amraeder, Jul 3, 2008.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea. I think I get floor mats anyway, but what do they call those, splash guards or something? would be nice.

2. amraeder

I know, it's incredible, and the price on my new one was $13,900 (manual after tax and fees). No way I was going to settle for a used for more than that (or even that).

EDIT: Oh, and the dealer transfer part. They said that the other dealership, like them, has one guy who handles dealer transfers. And that guy was on vacation today. And they don't do transfers over the weekend.
    That's why I'm a little nervous.

3. amraeder

Oh, and another thing about pricing, I went to the Toyota dealership, saw a used 2008 Yari or whatever the hell their cheap-ass car is called (i know we had a thread but too lazy too look it up), with 16,600 miles on it, LISTED AT $16,900. It was amazing. I took one look at it (was the only car of that kind they had on the lot) and said "OK, thanks for your time" and left. It was crazy.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

New car dealers way overprice their used cars and seem to think that you should feel like you busted their balls to get them to come down $500 when they are overpriced by about $5,000.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I had a Yaris once as a rental. It barely even qualifies as a car.

6. amraeder

So, I've heard. I mean, I figured I could get him to come down a good chunk off that, but seriously, it was so overpriced it wouldn't have been worth the hassle. Becuase that price had to come down a lot.

7. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Arnold, I know what you're saying . . . but I still wouldn't do it. It's not worth the chance, no matter how small, of screwing with your job.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

All this one and no one suggested Upper Deck 'em yet?

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Where's Audrey?!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

If they don't help you to your liking, tell them you work for a newspaper and you won't hesitate to make a story/column out of the situation. You don't actually have to do a story, but that kind of bad publicity will certainly scare them, hopefully straight.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Until they tell the ad director, who tells the publisher who calls him into the office...

12. Go for undercoating!

Draft saved Draft deleted