1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kimmel Banned from MNF

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Now Monday Night Football can ban stupid interviews of non-football people in the booth. That will cure the problem of Jimmy Kimmel and everything else.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Kimmel and Kornheiser each have one thing in common.

Neither one of them are funny.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Jimmy belongs on the Comedy Central bad-joke comedy roast routine.

Tony knows his sports. There is an acquired taste of funny when it comes to Mr. Tony.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Kimmel said he could marry Kelly Ripa if Mit Romney beccame president since he was Mormon- there was an uncomfortable pause from rest of booth. I made a mental note and figured Kimmel would be done. It did not come off well at all.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I loved how indignant the MNF producer got over Kimmel's appearance.
    Guess what, dipshit? This is what happens when you insist on bringing in know-nothing celebrities to waste airtime instead of pay attention to, you know, the game that's going on.

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

ESPN: Nevermind...

Kimmel said ESPN's executive vice president for content John Skipper reached out to him in a phone call on Wednesday in an attempt to smooth things over. "I got a call from John Skipper who I like a lot," said Kimmel. "He was apologetic. The unfortunate thing for people who did not see the broadcast is now it looks like I exposed myself on national television. Really, I wasn't even making fun of Joe. I just thought it was a funny and inappropriate but harmless thing to bring up in the booth."

On Wednesday night, an ESPN spokesperson emailed a statement to SI.com: "We have had a great relationship working with Jimmy and we will continue to work with him in the future."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/richard_deitsch/10/17/kimmel/index.html

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

I have a better idea... Jimmy Kimmel banned from televison forever.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Why is this fuckknob still on the air??

9. The joke about Joe's leg injury was made by Kimmel on an earleir MNF appearance, one which Theisman was working.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Mormon crack is what has gotten Kimmel banned. ESPN hanging their hat on Montana crack is a diversion.

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Maybe the should bring in Rush Limbaugh. I'm sure he wouldn't say anything inapprop... oh wait? Already tried that? Carry on then...

12. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

There's nothing cheap about what Theisman said. Nothing at all. He merely said it had become a Kornheiser show, more about issues than the game itself. What's cheap about that? He didn't say Tony is funny-looking or isn't funny on the air, though both would be true.

Draft saved Draft deleted