1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kids foods that you still love

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BB Bobcat, Jul 2, 2010.

1. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

WriteThinking, that's basically what we did for a few years, but he has been barely growing and is about to fall off the growth chart, so we're trying to see what's going on. If anything.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If hot dogs are kid food, I guess I'm one of the Lost Boys, on account of ain't growing up.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

My great aunt is 80. She has never eaten a vegetable that she is aware of. She doesn't eat fruit. Doesn't like sauces or dressings. Her diet consists of mainly bread, meat, potatoes and chocolate.

I don't know how she is still kicking. She is incredibly unhealthy. The closest she has ever gotten to a fruit was when she eats candy that is flavored like fruit or jelly that is packaged in the same jar as peanut butter (I think it is called goobers).

Somedays I am amazed by all the things she wont eat. She's never had pizza, or spaghetti, unless it was dry meat on top. Never had ranch dressing, or anything involving fish or shrimp. No ketchup, no mustard no mayo... unless it is butter or cheese, it is going anywhere near her hot dog or burger.

If we go out to eat and they put garnish on her plate (after she told them not to) she makes them bring a new plate. It is absurd and sometimes almost embarrassing.

So imagine that, living till 80 or possible longer and never eating at an italian joint, or eating watermelon. Never having barbecue sauce on ribs, or the special sauce from McDonald's, never tasting salsa, any kind of juice, or milk is a boring way to live.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

My 6 year old cousin eats the following things and the following things only: Rice Krispies, mac and cheese, fries, white rice, jelly sandwiches, plain (no butter, no sauce) pasta and pretty much any kind of chips or candy. She will every so often agree to eat strawberries, raspberries and tomatoes, but that's a rarity. I guess she gets her protein from milk (she only drinks milk or water). She's tall for her age and very skinny, but she's strong and very athletic. Her parents don't offer her any other food. They eat what they eat and she gets one of her standard foods and that's it. If they go out to eat, she has mac and cheese or rice or fries.

Draft saved Draft deleted