1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kidd to the Mavericks?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Omar_dont_scare, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Saw a blurb while watching my Hoos get cornholed by Maryland, and found this story. I apologize if it's a d_b.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApVK69VciF.MKdbi7RQFfs28vLYF?slug=aw-kiddtrade013008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good. Send that reprehensible piece of shit off this coast.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think both sides will be better for the deal.

4. C'mon BYH, let us know how you truly feel.

This is a safe place. Open up. Share.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sorry Omar I just can't stand that guy. The Nets have bent over backwards (and frontwards) for him from the moment he got there and he's always been bitching about something. Good riddance.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Man, if I were Cuban, I'd think twice about that. Devin Harris is a sharp young point guard and Kidd's now in his 14th year in the league--I can only remember one point guard (Stockton) who's ever maintained a high level of play past season 14. In a couple of years Kidd's gonna be washed up and Harris just entering his peak.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Jimmy Jackson is not happy.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He's also the best player the franchise has had since they joined the NBA. He played through a bad knee, has been run into the ground in terms of MPG, has had to deal with the likes of Jason Collins and Veal Scalabrine playing crunch time minutes and has always put forth maximum effort.

9. Maverick

Maverick New Member

That's a good point about Harris, for sure ... but when you've got a chance to get a guy who can take you over the top, you've got to go for it. You never know how many runs you have in you ... look at how quickly the Kings / Blazers declined at the beginning of this decade.

It's just too bad the Cavs don't have the horses ... that'd be the perfect place for him to go. The interesting thing about that deal is that the Nets would buy out Stack and let him walk ... there's a long list of teams who'd jump at him in a second, right?

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Yes!

Send his ass to Dallas.....then that ASSURES Dallas there's no way they make the playoffs.

Worst thing would be if they sent him to Denver.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Because Kidd has done such a poor job leading the Nets to the playoffs the last 6 years?

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

1.) Best Net since they joined the NBA is a lot like being the tallest midget.

2.) He's played thru injuries and racked up a ton of minutes and tried really hard? I'd hope he would do that for a team that's paying him $99 mil over six years (plus whatever he made before the extension).

3.) He's playing with scrubs? Ohhh. too bad. If he wanted to play with a winner, he could have gone to the Spurs for a few million less. But oh yeah, they wouldn't give him max money. and he wouldn't be the A-1 star there, so no one would give a shit about what joumana had to say.

Draft saved Draft deleted