1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kidd returning to Dallas, per the WWL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by silvershadow1981, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Much of the deal rests with Harris and the draft picks. The rest are just to create cap room. The Nets would then be able to make a big signing in the off-season.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

With this trade, Dallas has taken the equity of their team and written a second mortgage with a subprime rate.

Now that Harris is gone, where is the young talent? Josh Howard. End of list.

I cannot ever remember Dallas being an over-the-hill gang. IMHO, they might not be now, but they will be in a year or two.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Who would you have in mind that would break the Nets' complacency to hustle? I think it needs to be a 4 in that lineup.

PG - Devin Harris
    SG - Vince Carter
    SF - Richard Jefferson
    PF - ?????
    C - Sean Williams

4. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

A wife beater who ran this year's probable coach of the year in Bryon Scott out of town, is now traded to a perennial powerhouse.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Have I been gone that long?

[​IMG]

6. Rumpleforeskin

He said "big free agent signing." When I look at the Nets lineup, I see a glaring hole at PF as well as in their players' hearts. But nonetheless, they need a PF until Josh Boone is ready to play at a high level.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The Nets are missing a lot. They are old in the 1. They are above average at the 2. They are aging at the 3. They are injured at the 4. They don't have a 5.

Changes need to be made. However, you can't rebuild without some cap room. Obtaining draft picks, no matter how low, enables the team to build at least some bench depth.

I don't know who they go out to get in the off-season because I don't know who is available. Knowing that Ratner is a piece of shit, I doubt he would spend the money anyway.

I see a future that returns to the pre-Kidd days when a .500 season was thought of as the perfect season.

8. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

And, what about the Lakers, who probably have the best closer (if not best player) in the game (Bryant), the deepest bench, and the best front line (Bynum, Gasol, Odom) when healthy, plus a slew of legitimate 3-point shooters (Fisher, Radmanovic, Vujacic and Farmar) to stretch the defense. All they're lacking is some experience, but the team is led by a three-time NBA champion in Bryant and a 9-time championship coach in Phil Jackson.
    If Bynum comes back on schedule, the Lakers will come out of the West.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Mark Cuban done lost his damn mind...

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Stackhouse is supposedly being bought out of his deal.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Josh Boone is a hell of a lot more NBA ready than Sean Williams, who hasn't properly defended a pick and roll yet.

If Nenad comes back near 100%, this isn't an awful team.

12. Rumpleforeskin

When you come back to reality, there's a lot more basketball to be played. Plus, I doubt the Lakers would survive against a healthy Nugget or Jazz team.

Draft saved Draft deleted