1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kid asked to leave a store because she's too fat

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Sep 4, 2013.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Beef03 has it right. Security cameras.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I saw that, too. Even worse, it is "Marge Wood-Buster."

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about my original post.
    The reason some nightclubs or restaurants have dress codes is because they're not just selling food or beverages or entertainment, they're selling an experience and part of the reason people enjoy going to those kinds of places is because they don't want to be around people who look like unmade beds. If I went into such a restaurant in gym shorts and a T-shirt, I may be able to afford anything in the menu, but I would not be welcome there.
    Perhaps with some stores the same principle is at work. They're selling a shopping experience, not just the products in the store. They want a certain type of customer and while that kid's money may be just as good as anyone else's if the kind of customer the store wants sees a fat, unattractive person in the store, they're not going to want to shop there and the store loses the kind of business it wants.
    Does that make sense?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

A&F will run you from the store if you're not chiseled or are over 22.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

And I suppose that's as legal as eating a hot dog at a ballgame?

Draft saved Draft deleted