1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Khaddafy Seeking Exile?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 19, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

MSNBC says he might be looking to go to Tunisia. (And, I went with their spelling.)

I'll believe it when I see it.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You'd think that at this point at editor at the NYT or whereever would have said, "Hey, the next time you see him, ask him how his goddamned name is spelled."

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You also can ask him why, in his 41 years of being a dictator, he still hasn't been able to advance past the rank of Colonel.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wait a minute, I thought he promised that they would have to kill him to get rid of him?

So he's just another politician who can't keep his promises?

5. printdust

printdust New Member

Imagine if we could do that with all of our dethroned leaders. Congress included.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Rebels just consolidated Brega. They're advancing on Tripoli on three sides.

So which leader is failing now?

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

You do understand why there are different acceptable spellings, right? The whole Arabic-has-a-different alphabet thing and people transliterate words using different English letters?

8. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

Is Hell accepting or expecting? Talk about poor spelling. Either way, at least Khaddafy will have a home.

9. YankeeFan

It's originally an Arabic word, so there are different acceptable spellings.

10. YankeeFan

Gunfire in Tripoli.

Could this really be the beginning of the end?

If it is, I hope they capture/kill him and he's not able to flee into exile.

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Even if it is, the rebels will need weeks to actually secure the place. What Qaddafi forces are left after all this will probably fight to the last man and take whomever they can with them.

Of course, it could all go a lot smoother if this is, as the rebels claim, a joint operation with NATO.
    http://news.yahoo.com/libyan-rebels-attacking-tripoli-224402452.html

Draft saved Draft deleted