1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KFC bowl thingy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

OK.........I keep seeing the commercials for this bowl filled of goodness that KFC has.

I go to KFC.

I buy one.

After I am done puking, I think I will take what's left of my large intestine, and take it back to them.

Mashed potatoes, corn, chicken, gravy, and melted "cheddar" cheese......all in one hot, plastic bowl.

"mmm, mmm, Campbells"

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I've had one without the cheese. I thought it was OK; wouldn't go out of my way to get another.

I can't figure out the cheese. Say you have a plate of chicken, mashed potatoes and corn. Who thinks, "Forget the gravy, man, I'm lathering this dish with cheddar!"

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

That's what didn't make sense.......this had gravy AND cheese.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I wouldn't want one every day, but I had one a couple of weeks ago and I liked it...

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Too disgusting looking for me to even try. I'm one of those each food item has its place; its own separate place, and you don't lump 'em together. It's just wrong.

6. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

We commonly use mozzerella, but sounds a little like that great French Canadian delicacy poutine in some respects. Gravy and cheese together can be quite good.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Potatoes, corn, chicken and gravy is fine. Adding cheese is like adding A-Rod to the Yanks. It sounds good in theory, but in the end, it just messes everything up and ruins the experience for everyone.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Ouch. That must lead to a lot of boring meals.

I haven't tried this KFC bowl thingy either, but it didn't look bad. I just don't hit the fast food places too often.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's a riff on poutine.

French fries, gravy & cheese curds.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

French fries, gravy and American cheese, aka Disco Fries, are fantastic. They are quite the diner delight.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And stolen from us. Well, the Quebecois. :)

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You can have mine.

Draft saved Draft deleted