1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keyshawn to retire

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, May 23, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think Keyshawn can be to ESPN what they wanted Irvin to be, minus the drug baggage... He was great in his draft coverage and I think he has a great future in TV...

2. boots

boots New Member

I think you're right but remember, Keyshawn's past isn't squeaky clean. He's had more than his share of run ins with the law.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

um, when, exactly?

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

According to his Wikipedia profile, never.

5. boots

boots New Member

I remember an incident a few years ago with a couple of guys outside of a barber shop, and a couple of LA related incidents with his ex.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Dead. On.

And no matter how good he is behind the mic, you ca be sure he won 't be as good as he thinks he is.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ok, lets see the links then.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

To be fair, he had some brushes with the law when he was a teenager in South Central. There was also some public ugliness a couple of years ago when he was caught on a voicemail threatening his wife after they split. I don't know if the cops or the courts were ever brought into it.

Now for something more important:

How much better might Keyshawn have been if he'd ever played with a really good team/quarterback?

Irvin made his numbers on a great team.

9. boots

boots New Member

That's information you can find on your own GB-Hack. It's not too hard to do.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

The whole "how great would he be if ..." line is really tired. If you're a great player, you'll make your mark, regardless of the talent you're surrounded with. In fact, a truly great player makes average players goo, good players great and so on. Keyshwan was a solid receiver with a good career. Nothing more, nothing less. No matter whom he played with, that wasn't gonna change.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I don't think Keyshawn would have been that much better. He was a good possesion receiver, who went over the middle well, but didn't have the speed to burn you deep. I know the comparison comes up because of the spot Johnson is filling, but the two were two different types of receiver, which makes them hard to compare.

And Boots, you're alleging run ins with the law. I googled Keyshawn Johnson arrest record. I got nothing. So if you'd like to provide something, it would be nice.

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

KJ: 814 rec. 10,571 yds. 13.00 avg. 64 td's 167 games

MI: 750 rec. 11,904 yds. 15.9 avg. 65 td's 159 games

Very similiar.

Draft saved Draft deleted