1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kevin Spacey strikes again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by clutchcargo, Feb 1, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Liam Neeson, who I love, just can't pull off speaking like an American. Also, the dialogue in the movie is quite wretched. I was actually hoping the daughter would be taken much sooner...seemed like a spoiled bitch. That said, I laughed quite a bit and enjoyed the movie.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Dammit. That would probably kill the movie for me then.

4. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

The daughter is a bit annoying and screechy, and definitely wishy-washy, but Neeson has some really good spots. My favorite is when he is wearing the black tie and coat and goes visits those Albanian organized crime guys sitting around a table, and he tells that one loser to read what's on the card.

5. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I love 24. And I voted for Obama. And I have no problem with shutting down Gitmo. Wow, it's a complex world, isn't it?

6. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

We had a street copy of this and watched it a month ago or so. And the first thing I said when that character came on was, "Jesus, is that Kevin Spacey?"

Spoiler below:

He had a little too much Segalesque physical dominance in it for my liking - it bordered on ludicrous a few times how he was dispatching Albanians - but I did enjoy it. I do wonder about the girl just coming off the plane back home grinning, giggling, happy as can be. Might some therapy be in order after she was kidnapped, drugged, checked to make sure she was a virgin and watched her best friend OD, while also watching her father kill several men in her presence?

Draft saved Draft deleted