1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kevin Smith thrown off airplane

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.comcast.net/video/-clerks-director-strikes-back/1413655210/Comcast/1411918002/

Too fat, apparently.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

1. You're rich, buy two seats, and do it early enough you are not the last seat on the plane.

2. Put down the fork.

3. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

He did buy two seats. He got bumped to another flight for one reason or another (not sure if it was his doing or someone else's) and the second seat was no longer available. So he got thrown off.

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

1. Apparently, he did buy two seats, but was moved to another flight where only one seat was available. Don't know if that was his choice -- I would assume it was.

2. Agreed. Look, I understand that some people are just naturally big, but sonofabitch, Smith is I-have-no-self-control size. That's a you problem. Southwest isn't the bad guy. You wanna load up on complete crap and continue to swell, whatever. But don't get all pissy when a company refuses to serve you because your lack of self control is infringing upon the comfort of another customer.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That fall had to hurt. Flight attendant or bouncer?

6. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

He wouldn't necessarily have known it was the last seat on the flight.

And with the way the airline industry fucks over the flying public every day, I'm guessing Smith wins the PR war on this one. He paid for two seats ... he should have gotten two seats. He followed their policy and still got screwed.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Smith is already winning the PR battle, turning down Southwest's offer of a voucher and hammering them on Twitter.

That said, the longer he remains on the attack, the louder "A fridge too far, fattie" voices will grow.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I guess he was brought too much lasagna for lunch.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Guess he should've turned down the waffer-thin mint.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Only winner I see here is the lucky bastard in the seat next to his, who was spared a miserable flight.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I think the biggest revelation out of all of this, to me, is the fact that a group known as the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance exists. I know plenty of people that struggle with weight and work to do what they can. It is hard to resist grabbing at a bag of chips just sitting out there. I just wasn’t aware that such a group existed to protect those like this.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I went to grade school and high school with a girl who is now one of the leading fat activists. She founded a group called something like Fat!So? Pops up on TV all the time.

I saw her online bio a while back, and it detailed how vicious her classmates were to her and her mother, who were both very large women. Near as I could tell, it was almost entirely fiction. Quite sad.

Draft saved Draft deleted