1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kevin Blackistone on Jim Tressel's Voting 'Mistake'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Actually, it sounds like an athletic-department-employee-didn't-change-the-vote story.

He left the top two in the same order as the ballot Tressel submitted for the preseason poll.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Why wouldn't Tressel had Texas No. 1 with OSU playing them this week?

Bizarre.

3. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I re-read it before I posted. It should be sarcastic, but it didn't come across that way in reading it. If he's being sarcastic there, it's clumsily done. It's not at all in tone with anything else in the column. And if you're going to use sarcasm in print, the story had better drip with it.

4. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

This point should be reinterated. Although I'd add slimy snake to the list of descriptions.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

He should've just went with West Virginia. [/sarcasm]

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Check the scoreboard and decide for yourself if Tressel was right.

This column was all about taking a knee and running out the Belo clock.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Yes, he was right: His team appears to be the best in the land.

And he might well be the most shameless coach in the land. Not to mention the dirtiest. And I don't have a dog even remotely in the fight. Guess he gets a pass, though, because he wears a sweater-vest. And beats Michigan.

8. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

I need a sweater vest.

9. cubman

cubman Member

Christ people. Any of you have any proof of the things you're writing about Tressel? Or are you just fucking bitter that he's turned Ohio State into a dominant national power and, judging from the hostility, kicked the shit out of a team you root for once or four times?
    Are all of us so hardened to think that this couldn't be a simple mistake after all?
    And no, I'm not Tressel. Might as well say I AM a lifelong Ohio State fan and proud of it. But Tressel didn't get a free pass for this; he took plenty of shit in the Columbus area for it. Gotta love all the haters ... you have to laugh.

10. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Ohio is going to be the National Champions so all this talk about whether Tressel was right or not will not matter come January. Go Buckeyes.

Heisman for Troy Smith

11. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Alert: indiansnetwork is really Andre3000

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Go Bobcats. Muck Fizzou. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted