1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kerry Wood and Mark Prior should look into this

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by indiansnetwork, May 24, 2007.

1. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-marshall051007&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
    Another great article by a yahoo sports writer. These guys are excellent and I enjoy reading them every day.
    I don't see anyone else bringing to the table this sort of interesting stuff. This is exactly what writers should be focused on. Instead of creating negative controversy with steroids they should be focused on the things that most impact the game and how injuries have tripled for major league pitchers in the last 30 years.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yep, two weeks after it was published and discussed on here, the network found it.

Fine work there.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah. Nobody fucking posted this Mike Marshall story earlier.

"Negative controversy." Dude, seriously, take a fucking English class before you post here.

Fucking idiot.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

News is news. Sometimes it creates negative feelings. Sometimes it creates controversy. But that’s not our job if you’re a news writer. Our job is to uncover and write about news.

We tell news. The public does what it wants with the news. If you don’t get that, you don’t understand the media. And anyone in the media who doesn’t get that doesn’t understand the media.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes...I'll have the D_B with a side of bullshit...

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

You do realize you're wasting your logic on Idiots Network, right?

Him coming here to post is like us going to stupidinbredfanboyidiotlooosers.com to complain about stupid inbred fanboy loosers.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My username on that site is boots, if you all want to stop by...

8. Hammer Pants

You're right ... it's just always been hard for me to understand why a vast majority of people don't understand what our jobs are. It's not that complicated. Really ... it's not.

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Where is the original thread link to this? I read that and immediately wished I was seven years and four surgeries (two shoulder) younger. I was one of the great many who's desire, passion & intelligence were far greater than my talent. I would have given a lot of money to try this program and see what happened. Hell, for a moment, I seriously thought about seeking him out when I go to Orlando in July. Then the sharp pain in my shoulder reminded me that it's too late and I don't have the time & money to invest.

Anyway, I really hope Marshall gets a hold of some high schooler, teaches these mechanics and the kid becomes a success. All four of my surgeries sucked, especially the two in the shoulder. If these mechanics actually do what Marshall claims they do, I'm all for them.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Technically, I posted it within a thread about Nolan Ryan's comments about Clemens, Bonds-Aaron, steroids, etc. when he spoke at an APSE regional conference. Somehow, someone mentioned the Mike Marshall article on the second page of the thread. That's when I posted the link.

11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Sorry that you had shoulder issues that might have cost you some chances at higher levels. I thought it was a great article and it had me seriously think about how I throw and how it impacts my health. I am sorry if this was D.B but I searched Marshall before I posted and all I came up with is the College not DR. Mike Marshall. I just would also like to point out that I was supporting journalists here and still some how got slammed for it.

12. Hammer Pants

Because you implied that the majority don't get it.

Draft saved Draft deleted