1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kerry endorses Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jan 10, 2008.

1. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I read that Mondale endorsed Hillary and promptly forgot it. Thanks for reminding me.

Mondale, whatever his political failings, is a good man. He was a sterling Ambassador to Japan. The nicest thing I can think of to say about Hillary is that she has been endorsed by Walter Mondale.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

We are of one mind, Jacky.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Did Gore endorse anybody?

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Not yet. I, personally, don't think he will until a nominee is decided.

5. It's wonderful to watch Democrats and liberals turn into John Fund.
    And all because Barack lost a primary.
    A wonder to behold.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

If he's going to endorse a candidate, why not do it BEFORE the big primary in New England rather than afterward?

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think Obama is the Dems only chance... I no longer think Hillary is unelectable, but it will be really hard for someone that polarizing to win a general election...

Obama has all of the likability and personality that democratic candidates have lacked since Bill Clinton left office...

8. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election%2C_2004

9. In my experience, the campaigns have these endorsements in their pockets and roll them out publicly when they'll do the most good.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

It's possible that the Obama people were suckered by those polls that said he was up 10 percent in New Hampshire, so they figured that the endorsement wasn't needed ahead of the New Hampshire primary.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The Kerry endorsement probably would have backfired in New Hampshire.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Then where will it help?

This reminds me of Gore's endorsement / kiss of death to Dean in '04. I doubt it has the same effect, because no one cares about Kerry, but I can't imagine this gets him any votes.

Draft saved Draft deleted