1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kerrville (TX) Daily Times SE

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Sawker, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Sawker

Sawker New Member

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=315012

Company: Kerrville Daily Times
    Position: Sports Editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: $25,000 to $30,000
    Ad Expires: April 13, 2008
    Job ID: 315012

Description:
    The Kerrville Daily Times, approximately 60 miles northwest of San Antonio, seeks a sports editor who loves sports and isn't afraid to manage staff. Must-have skills include proficiency in Quark and/or InDesign, an understanding of newspaper design and high school sports and a firm grasp of AP style. RIght person will take progessive approach to covering sports and offer creative page design. Send five writing clips, three design clips and resume to Managing Editor Rayanne Schmid, 429 Jefferson St., Kerrville, Texas 78028; fax to (830) 895-4060; or e-mail information to rayanne.schmid@dailytimes.com.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Stay. Far. Away.

3. sportswriter9247

sportswriter9247 New Member

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Because Cougs is a smart lady, and wouldn't warn someone off without good reason.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

The former SE was good people. Don't know much about the paper or staff.

6. Editude

Editude Active Member

You might not have anyone to manage, but you shouldn't be afraid if you did.

7. sportswriter9247

sportswriter9247 New Member

I wasn't questioning her intelligence, I just want to know some reasons to stay away

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If I didn't have anyone to manage, I'd be more afraid. Damned if I'm ever running a shop solo again.

9. OrangeGrad

OrangeGrad Member

Where did Bill go?

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

He was deciding between two places the last time I talked to him. If he chose the one I think he did, that would be a MAJOR step up for him and a major raise.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Covering Schreiner could be good for a few laughs.

12. BH33

BH33 Member

Bill is going to the Killeen, Texas, paper.

I don't know much about the paper, but Bill's a great guy. The little I do know about the job is that it includes a lot of high school coverage, but also the opportunity to do some Spurs, Texas football and some PGA.

Draft saved Draft deleted