1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kentucky-Notre Dame gamer from AP ... um, what?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CitizenTino, Mar 26, 2009.

1. What does the religious school have to do with it? And who's that stained-glass guy with his arms raised near the campus -- Touchdown...something...

2. chilidog75

chilidog75 Member

I think the AP refers to him as "Touchdown Barnhart."

He will be judging all of us soon.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

And you know something else? "Dame" offends me.

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

God could not be immediately reached for comment.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

6. I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but around here, the Holy Trinity is the AD, the coach and the boosters.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed

8. jps

jps Active Member

[​IMG]
    what a maroon!

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Hey, judge not lest ye be judged by Barnhart.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I make my share of mistakes that deserve criticism, trust me, but I laughed my ass off when I read that.

11. Scoop returns

Scoop returns Member

Hey,

I've known Coyne for years and he's a real good guy. Trust me if you knew his dry sense of humor, that was classic him at the end. I also know Billy well, so I totally got the end. I just laughed.

As for attacking the errors in Tom's story, give me a break. Do you guys realize the stress and pressure those AP guys are under? My guess is that most of you guys would struggle to be cleaner on sucha a crazy deadline so let's not judge him on that. He's quality.

Chances are Tom covered about five different things yesterday before arriving at the the arena. Seriously. He has one of those AP gigs where he covers far more than sports, or at least he did when I was hanging around those parts.

In these difficult and stressful times, we should be supportive of each instead of taking shots. We've all turned in some shit at times in our careers that we wish we could have had back with five more minutes.

12. OtterGrad

OtterGrad Member

The frustration about the grammatical errors, I think, is less directed at the writer and more at the editing process.

Draft saved Draft deleted